Thursday, May 3, 2007

heart check-up

am i not listening, or is there nothing to hear? the silence truly is deafening, and quite unsettling. what am i missing? what is my heart tuning out? is God giving me answers and i'm not being still long enough to understand? i'm living my life in such a busy haze that i dont have time to stop and ask directions from the one who has plans for me. i have to be in charge, because i know what's best for me. really, i have no clue. im a small scared five year old lost in the clothing racks. waiting. crying. wandering. lost. being able to admit i'm lost comes first. and it's here, while i don't know what else to do.. when i finally realize that my attempts to find my own way are useless... when i sit down and sigh with no more tears and no more words, then i'll be able to hear what God is saying for me.. how he is pursuing me and how he longs to hold me close and give me all the good things he has in store for me.

i'm giving up.

No comments: